Before you settle on simple insemination, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- We recommend that you consult with your physician or a healthcare professional on matters relating to treatment methods, including simple insemination, prior to the decision and during the treatment period. A healthcare professional can also assist you in optimizing your chances of pregnancy by doing various testing on your fertility, hormones and menstrual circle.
- For your safety, Danish law requires that a licensed healthcare professional* in your country is responsible for reporting any pregnancy to SellmerDiers and for the traceability of the sperm units in the unlike event of the sperm carrying an infectious or genetic disease. Therefore, you must provide us with a signed Shipping Authorization Form from a certified healthcare professional in your country for us to be able to ship the sperm units. You must also provide us with and a copy of your ID-card.
*) For instance, a medical doctor, a nurse, a midwife, a nursing aide, a healthcare assistant, a physiotherapist, a dentist, bioanalyst, a medical laboratory technician etc.
- If you are not able to get a healthcare professional to assume the responsibility for the traceability and for pregnancy reporting, we can help you. At the moment, we collaborate with health care professionals in the following countries: Austria, Great Britain and Switzerland. Subject to a fee, we can refer you to one of these healthcare professionals.
- If your country is not listed above, please contact email@example.com or call us on tell +45 20 55 65 95.
- We recommend that you use ICI sperm units especially designed for simple insemination. We recommend to buy two units.
- When you order ICI sperm units for a simple insemination a insemination remedy kit and step-by-step instructions on how to perform the insemination are included.
- To be sure that the donor is still available for you throughout your treatment, as well as for siblings later, we recommend that you consider purchasing sperm units before your treatment and store them in a Donor Storage Account at SellmerDiers. Please see Storage Options.
- We ship the frozen donor sperm in a shipping tank with nitrogen. The tank with the sperm units will maintain a proper temperature for minimum 7 days from the date shipped. Check the exact durability of the tank on the packing list. Tanks must be returned to SellmerDiers immediately after use and no longer than 7 days after you have received it
- For more information on legal matters we recommend that you read Rights and law matters.
We are here to help and guide you, so please contact us if you have any questions.