Before you settle on treatment at a clinic, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- We recommend that you consult with your physician or a healthcare professional on matters relating to treatment methods, including treatment at a clinic, prior to the decision and during the treatment period. A healthcare professional can also assist you in optimizing your chances of pregnancy by doing various testing on your fertility, hormones, and menstrual circle.
- When you are doing research on a donor, you will be able to see how many ICI and IUI units we have in storage on that specific donor in the donor list. When you order donor sperm, you will have to decide on whether it has to be ICI or IUI.
- Clinics often prefer to use IUI straws for this type of insemination.
- Some clinics use ICI straws as they prefer to wash the donor sperm themselves.
- We always recommend purchasing MOT20+ straws for IUI treatments, as this increases the chance of pregnancy.
- To be sure that the donor is still available for you throughout your treatment, as well as for siblings later, we recommend that you consider purchasing sperm units before your treatment and store them in a Donor Storage Account at SellmerDiers. Please see Storage Options.
- For more information on legal matters, we recommend that you read Rights and law matters
We are here to help and guide you, so please contact us if you have any questions.