Once you have decided to start a family you must also consider which method of conception is the best for you. This choice is highly individual and may imply both medical and emotional considerations.
- Treatment at a clinic is for women who are not aware of any fertility issues.
- When having treatment at a clinic, IUI with donor sperm may be one of the routes to go.
- The IUI treatment consists of the insemination of the purified sperm cells ((IUI units) directly into the uterus through a catheter. This increases the likelihood of a larger amount of sperm cells reaching the egg, thereby increasing the chance of pregnancy.
- If your clinic prefers to wash the unpurified sperm units themselves, you can also use ICI units for your treatment. Please consult your clinic regarding which type they prefer.
- Before you settle on treatment at a clinic, we recommend you read Some important things to keep in mind.