Before you settle on simple assisted insemination, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- We recommend that you consult with your physician or a healthcare professional on matters relating to treatment methods, including simple assisted insemination, prior to the decision and during the treatment period. A healthcare professional can also assist you in optimizing your chances of pregnancy by doing various testing on your fertility, hormones, and menstrual circle.
- When you order sperm units for simple assisted insemination, a remedy kit and step-by-step instructions on how to perform the insemination are included.
- To increase traceability and thus manage the number of pregnancies from each donor, Danish legislation requires that an approved tissue centre, a fertility clinic, a hospital clinic, or a licensed healthcare professional* in your country is the recipient of the distribution.
Therefore, you must fill out a shipping authorization form, which has been signed by one of the above stated institutions/persons.
- The clinic or healthcare professional must also be responsible for reporting any pregnancy to SellmerDiers and for the traceability of the sperm units in the unlike event of the sperm carrying an infectious or genetic disease.
- Therefore, you must provide us with a signed shipping authorization form and a proof of license from an authorized healthcare professional in your country for us to be able to ship the sperm units. You must also provide us with a copy of your ID-card.
- If you are not in contact with a clinic or a healthcare professional, we might be able to help you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on tel. +45 20 55 65 95.
- To be sure that the donor is still available for you throughout your treatment, as well as for siblings later, we recommend that you consider purchasing sperm units before your treatment and store them in a Donor Storage Account at SellmerDiers. Please see Storage Options.
- We ship the frozen donor sperm in a dry shipper with nitrogen. The tank with the sperm units will maintain a proper temperature for minimum 5 days from the date shipped. Check the exact durability of the dry shipper on the packing list. The tank must be returned to SellmerDiers immediately after use and no longer than 5 days after you have received it.
- For more information on legal matters, we recommend that you read Rights and law matters
*) For instance, a certified doctor, a nurse or a midwife. If you are a licensed healthcare professional yourself, you can also fill out the form – acknowledging that you do so in the act of your profession with the responsibilities it entails.
We are here to help and guide you, so please contact us if you have any questions.