Before you settle on self-treatment, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- We recommend that you consult with your physician or a healthcare professional on matters relating to treatment methods, including self-treatment, prior to the decision and during the treatment period. A healthcare professional can also assist you in optimizing your chances of pregnancy by doing various testing on your fertility, hormones and menstrual circle.
- For your safety, Danish law requires that an approved tissue centre, a fertility clinic, a hospital clinic or a licensed healthcare professional* in your country is the consignee of the distribution. The clinic or healthcare professional must also be responsible for reporting any pregnancy to SellmerDiers and for the traceability of the sperm units in the unlike event of the sperm carrying an infectious or genetic disease. Therefore, you must provide us with a signed Shipping Form for Self-Treatment from a clinic or a licensed healthcare professional in your country for us to be able to ship the sperm units. You must also provide us with a copy of your ID-card. If you are not in contact with a clinic or a healthcare professional, we can help you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on tel. +45 20 55 65 95.
*) For instance, a medical doctor, a nurse, a midwife, a nursing aid, a healthcare assistant, a physiotherapist, a dentist, bioanalyst, a medical laboratory technician etc.
- We recommend that you use ICI sperm units especially designed for self-treatment. We recommend you to buy two units/2ml.
- When you order ICI sperm units for a self-treatment a insemination remedy kit and step-by-step instructions on how to perform the insemination are included.
- To be sure that the donor is still available for you throughout your treatment, as well as for siblings later, we recommend that you consider purchasing sperm units before your treatment and store them in a Donor Storage Account at SellmerDiers. Please see Storage Options.
- We ship the frozen donor sperm in a shipping tank with nitrogen. The tank with the sperm units will maintain a proper temperature for minimum 7 days from the date shipped. Check the exact durability of the tank on the packing list. The tank must be returned to SellmerDiers immediately after use and no longer than 7 days after you have received it
- For more information on legal matters we recommend that you read Rights and law matters.
We are here to help and guide you, so please contact us if you have any questions.